Serenity Pools & Outdoor Living
Serenity Pools is a custom in-ground swimming pool and outdoor living space designer and builder in Cypress, Texas. Since 2006, founders Greg Channel and Brian Panacek have been providing quality spaces for outdoor living in Houston, and they're just getting started.
It all began with a simple concept: Be the best Houston area swimming pool builder. Though this may seem like a grandiose goal, the combined experience of Greg and Brian is exactly what residents of the Houston and surrounding areas need. Greg ran Southern Outdoor Appeal for 17 years serving homeowners from the greater Houston area all the way to Austin. In that time, he and his team designed and built more than 2,000 amazing outdoor living structures. Often, these beautiful patios, arbors and outdoor kitchens were built alongside a custom swimming pool. It seemed only natural to combine his knowledge of outdoor living spaces with designing and building in-ground swimming pools.
There was also another reason to start building Houston in-ground swimming pools - the desire for greater quality. While running Southern Outdoor Appeal, Greg noticed that many pool builders would cut corners to try and save money, often at the expense of quality. Greg knew that the greater Houston area deserved something better, and together with Brian Panacek, they founded Serenity Pools with a goal to provide the quality and service area residents deserve.
Proper business processes are critical to providing consistent quality. Brian Panacek brings with him more than 20 years of experience helping businesses develop, manage and monitor their practices. With his help, Serenity Pools is meeting a need that has been overlooked in the swimming pool industry for years - process management that puts a quality, enduring product and customer service above everything else.
Serenity Pools provides their customers with beautiful outdoor spaces that Brian and Greg are proud to put their names on. The in-ground swimming pools they install will not only be designed and built properly; they will also use 75% less electricity than most other pools and will meet a level of quality far beyond what most pool builders offer.
The cheapest builder is rarely the best, and what you save in electricity costs will make up for the extra you spend on the initial build. Choosing Serenity Pools is the first step towards owning an idyllic outdoor space that your family will enjoy for years to come.
The APSP is the world's largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
- To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
Hayward® is one of the top pool equipment manufacturers in the world. For the past 80 years, their focus and objective is to make every homeowner’s pool experience worry-free and hassle-free. Their equipment is engineered to last, work smart, and help pool owners enjoy the pleasures of pool ownership.
A "Totally Hayward" pool builder is someone who is qualified to offer the complete line of technologically advanced pumps, filters, heaters, heat pumps, automatic pool cleaners, lighting, controls and salt chlorine generators. All high-quality components that are engineered to work together to keep your pool at its best.
A Totally Hayward builder also is authorized to offer homeowners a bumper-to-bumper extended warranty on all Hayward equipment.
More information on Hayward and Hayward pool equipment at http://www.hayward-pool.com.
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB's service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau's or an alternative provider's binding arbitration program.
- Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company's attention.
- Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau
Serenity Pools & Outdoor Living is pleased to be recognized as a 2012 winner of an exclusive GAVA award. The GAVA Award is the newest and perhaps most prestigious award in the history of the pool industry. GAVA refers to "Global AquaTekture Visionary Awards™," and is designed to recognize the most innovative concepts, designs, materials and applications of water-inspired environments from across the globe.
Produced by Three V Enterprises (3VE), a Las Vegas based corporation, GAVA transcends beyond the traditional water-themed design awards by hosting an integrated world-wide competition open to design professionals of all genres dedicated to influencing and creating thought-provoking solutions.
The GAVA Award program salutes the innovative spirit of artisans from every segment of the globe, celebrating diverse concepts from varying cultures, environments and philosophical aspects. Entries from across the United States, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Central America and Portugal receive the illustrious GAVA Bronze, Silver or Gold awards and are included in a full-color, hardbound book published by Schiffer Publishing, International Pools, Spas and Water Environments Edition II.
More information at: GAVA 2012 Awards
The Genesis 3 Design Group provides an international forum for continuing education and the establishment of higher standards in watershape design and construction. Students of Genesis 3 have committed themselves to superior levels of design, architecture, hydraulics, and client interaction.
Genesis 3 has grown from a single school into a series of themed educational schools featuring international experts in various design and construction fields. Pool builders using their comprehensive training have the knowledge and tools to create cutting edge, sophisticated pool designs.
More information at: Genesis3
The Greater Houston Builders Association is a trade organization whose members are involved in the development, homebuilding, and remodeling industry in seven counties. The association interacts with the government, community and general public to enhance the business climate for its members, and to provide quality obtainable housing to the community it serves. The association is also active in community outreach and charitable events.
GHBA is the 3rd largest home builders association (HBA) in the nation. At the current rate of building, the industry contributes some 60,000 jobs and approximately $3 billion dollars to the local economy and jurisdictions annually.
More information at: Home Builders Association